Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Couldn't Wait!!

Well I said it would be a few days. I even told someone last night that I wouldn't get out until next week after I switched back to my CX tires (road tires on now). The preliminary work here/twitter/Strava/etc got me too excited, plus it was raining a bit. I took the bike out and scouted a first version of the CX Challenge loop. Let me know what you think.


Unfortunately my BB gps cut out at one point so the stats are a little screwy. I have included a Gimped up version of the loop below so you can get a good idea of where to ride. I have not marked any fake barriers or put any real ones in yet but they will come. I had to run most of the steep climbs today as the road tires wouldn't grip at all (not that I expected them to). Also took it easy pretty much everywhere for that very same reason. I can't wait to get out there and give it a better go next week!!

Map:


Enjoy!!

7 comments:

  1. I gotta do a better job at remembering where the route goes, rode it this morning but forgot to turn on the gravel path and ended up riding right around the whole thing. :)

    Anyways love the idea and I will definitely give it another try this week, since I ride by this every day to/from work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I usually train there regularly once cross is approaching. Hope this works out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope so also. We seem to have at least minimal interest. Hope to get a few people out for a regular ride!! At worst it will be time on your bike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey kw - rode your course today and overall a cool track, just not sure of the fast downhill on the front of the hill. too bad the main tobaggan run wasn't mowed as that would be more cross related to come down across the hill and use switchbacks to have something to work on. later...

      Delete
    2. Cool. I agree about the switchbacks. Would be great if we could just mow in the switchbacks and leave the rest but don't think that's going to happen. I wonder if they do mow the hill before the snow flies?!?

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be a good course - your GoPro mount angled downward at about the 3:30 mark of the video!

    ReplyDelete