Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A little introduction

I was looking for a weekly CX series in the KW area but there was nothing to be found. There are a few races not to far away but no real opportunity to train for them except with a couple friends. We have a great facility that lends itself to the easy creation of a CX course without causing damage. Strava gives us an easy way to keep track of stats etc. I will be creating a rough course using Strava and have partial commitment from others regarding potential barriers and markers for a weekly challenge.

I plan to in the next week or so get out and ride a preliminary course. I will from there create a Strava segment and link to it from here. Everyone can feel free to ride that segment to challenge yourself and others. From there I plan to meet at the start line once weekly (Currently thinking Monday or Thursday evening) and do a very simple "mass" start with whoever shows up. There will be no timing/prizes/cost/etc to ride. This is essentially a group ride at race pace with self timing and challenging using Strava. Who will take the KOM?!?

If you have any suggestions please let me know. I hope to see you out there!!

KW CX Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment